Innovation and Development
The UNESCO Chair on Education for Social Justice of the Autonomous University of Madrid has among its main objectives to foster innovation and development actions aimed to improving formal and non-formal education for Social Justice. Currently the Chair has two knowledge transfer projects underway:
- “Measures to address School Segregation from the local Administration”, II Edition of the Program for the Promotion of Knowledge Transfer of the UAM.
- Strategies and actions of universities in favor of PDI with disabilities (2020-2021), II Edition of the Program for the Promotion of Knowledge Transfer of the UAM.
At the same time, other actions are being developed:
- The Chair is part of and actively collaborates with the School Network “Hermanadas por la Justicia Social“. At this time the efforts are focused on the development of an ation research on Democracy in schools.
- It is organizing a Network of educational centers of good practices in Physical Education for Social Justice.
- It is organizing the Observatory of Physical Activity for Social Justice.
- It promotes the activities of the “Center for Olympic Studies (CEO)” and the “Fair Play Committee” integrated in the CEO of the Autonomous University of Madrid.
- It is creating a Center for exchange, support, advice and training in the field of methodology and formative evaluation in Physical Education.
- It is developing a study for the identification and systematization of good education practices from an education for social justice perspective.
- It has joined the “Netwoks for a New Educational Policy” promoted by the Seville Forum, which consists in the elaboration, discussion, defense and dissemination of the “Document of bases for a new Education Law”. This document is based on dialogue and reflection with social groups, student unions, parents’ associations, trade union organizations, political parties and it opens to citizen participation.
- Within its collaboration with Escuelas Comunitarias Unidas (Ecu), the Chair joins the Green Kids School project in Puerto La Boca, Ecuador. Green Kids School is one of the seven centers participating in Sergio Carneros’ initiative that seeks for the school to be an engine to guarantee a better present and future for everyone, and to achieve greater Social and Environmental Justice.
All this, as in other areas, through collaborative actions and networking with other UNESCO Chairs and Centers and with research groups and schools of different educational levels.