The purpose of the Chair is to promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation on education and social justice. It will facilitate collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff of the University and other institutions in Spain, as well as in other regions of the world.
The specific objectives of the Chair are to:
- Undertake jointly with partners interdisciplinary research to advance knowledge in the field of education for social justice and disseminate results widely; raise awareness of the importance of the issue for society at large; and advocate for its inclusion in the education public policy agenda.
- Develop curricular materials on education for social justice and train students, faculty members, specialists and teachers at different levels of education as well as educators from no-formal contexts.
- Promote innovation actions on education for social justice in formal and non-formal education settings.
- Foster networking and the sharing of knowledge and good practices through the creation of research networks and of an International Center for Documentation on Education for Social Justice, a website, publications and international conferences.
- Cooperate closely with UNESCO and existing UNESCO Chairs on relevant programmes and activities.