The UNESCO Chair on Education for Social Justice of the Autonomous University of Madrid has among its objectives to undertake, jointly with partners, interdisciplinary research to advance knowledge in the field of education for social justice and disseminate results widely.
The Chair develops diferent projects funded by competitive local and national calls:
- “Democracy in schools as the foundation of an education for social justice” (2018-2021). R+D proyect funded by the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness-Government of Spain. This research is in tune and collects the latest advances around the world that call for greater democratization in school and in society.
- “University service-learning in physical activity and sport. Opportunity for social inclusion (Activat@s)”(2020-2023). R+D Project funded by the Ministry of Science and Innovation, Government of Spain, developed together with eight Spanish and two international universities.
- “Civil society initiatives to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals in the city of Madrid” (2021-2022). Research developed by the Autonomous University of Madrid together with the Institute of Human Rights, Democracy and Culture of Peace and Non-Violence (DEMOSPAZ Institute), the University Institute for Women’s Studies (IUEM) and the University Institute of Childhood Needs and Rights and of Adolescence (UNDIA) and funded by the Madrid City Council.
- “Rural 3.0: Service Learning for the Rural Development (RURASL)” (2019-2021). Research funded by the European Union within the ERASMUS + KA2 Call of the Europe 2020 Strategy.
- “Support networks in the university inclusion of gypsies” (2021). Research funded by the Chair of Gypsy Culture of the University of Alicante.
- “All Through Schools” (2019-2022). Project funded by the Erasmus + program carried our by universities, and institutions from Spain, the United Kingdom and Iceland.
- “Blended Learning in Schools: A Universal Design Approach”, Erasmus+ coordinated by Trinity College Dublin.