This workstream is linked to the task of recognizing and valuing human diversity in all its dimensions and intersections in the educational framework. It aims to overcome the situations of discrimination and injustice that, unfortunately, many children, youth and adults suffer for different reasons: personal, social, cultural, or economic, among many others.
The thematic axes of this line of work are:
- Equity and inclusive education: evaluation and improvement of educational cultures, policies and practices.
- Initial and permanent teacher training on educational inclusion.
- Universal Learning Design and its applicability in educational processes.
- Inclusion / Exclusion processes in Higher Education institutions.
Concerning these axes, the following projects are being developed:
“Blended learning in schools: an universal design approach”. Research funded by the European Union within the ERASMUS + Call (2021-2024). Essentially focused on adapting Universal Learning Design in hybrid teaching contexts, especially in secondary school. In addition, materials and instruments are being generated so that teachers have enough tools to adapt any subject to a hybrid teaching environment based on Universal Learning Design.
“Strategies and actions of the universities in favor of the Teaching and Research staff with disabilities”. Developing in collaboration with the ONCE Foundation.
“Support networks in the university inclusion of gypsies”, financed by the Cátedra Cultura Gitana from the University of Alicante. The project is focused on knowing the networks and organizations that support this group to access the university.
“Shared teaching: a tool for inclusive education in collaboration with the CRIF Las acacias”, an action-research so that from the university they can train in co-teaching and observe its impact in relation to inclusive education.
- Chieppa, M. A., & Sandoval, M. (2021). A sobre-representação dos estudantes de minorias culturais e linguísticas nos percursos de educação especial: uma revisão da literatura na Europa. Revista Educação Especial, 34, e67/1–25. https://doi.org/10.5902/1984686X67417
- Cuesta, J. L., Sánchez, S., Vázquez, S. S., Sancho, S., & Orozco, M. L. (2021). The use of videogames as digital leisure among people with autism spectrum disorder. Siglo Cero Revista Española sobre Discapacidad Intelectual, 52(3), 101-117.
- Echeita, G., Simón, C. Sandoval, M. Muñoz, Y. (2021) Developing learning and participation in schools: using the Index for inclusion in Spain lessons learned and common challenges. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJLC.2021.10041611
- Falla, D., Sánchez, S., & Casas, J. A. (2021). What do we know about bullying in schoolchildren with disabilities? A systematic review of recent work. Sustainability, 13(1), 416.
- Hernández, D. J., Requena, P. S., & Fuentes, S. S. (2021). Estudio acerca de las opiniones del profesorado universitario en la Región de Murcia sobre la formación de métodos activos. Revista Electrónica Interuniversitaria de Formación del Profesorado, 24(2).
- Márquez, C. & Melero-Aguilar, N. (2021). What are their thoughts about inclusion? Beliefs of faculty members about inclusive education. Higher Education. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10734-021-00706-7
- Márquez, C., Sandoval, M., Sánchez, S., Simón, C., Moriña, A., Morgado, B., Moreno-Medina, I., García, J. A., Díaz-Gandasegui, V. y Elizalde San Miguel, B. (2021). Evaluación de la inclusión en educación superior mediante indicadores. REICE. Revista Iberoamericana sobre Calidad, Eficacia y Cambio en Educación, 19(3), 33-51. https://doi.org/10.15366/reice2021.19.3.003
- Sandoval, M., Morgado, B., & Doménech, A. (2021) University students with
disabilities in Spain: faculty beliefs, practices and support in providing reasonable adjustments, Disability & Society, 36:5, 730-749, https://doi.org/10.1080/09687599.2020.1751078
- Sandoval, M., Muñoz, Y. y Márquez, C. (2021). Supporting schools in their journey to inclusive education: review of guides and tools. Inclusive Education. https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-9604.12337
- Simón, C. Echeita, G., Sandoval, M. y de Dios, M. J. (2021). Creación de una estructura
colaborativa entre el alumnado, docentes e investigadores: Impacto en la mejora
docente. Revista Latinoamericana de Educación Inclusiva, 15(2), 97-110. https://doi.org/10.4067/S0718-73782021000200097
- Verdugo, M. A., Vicente, E., Guillén, V. M., Sánchez, S., Ibáñez, A., & Gómez, L. E. (2021). A measurement of self-determination for people with intellectual disability: Description of the AUTODDIS Scale and evidences of reliability and external validity. International Journal of Developmental Disabilities, 1-10.