This line of work is linked to the task of recognizing and valuing human diversity in all its dimensions and intersections in the educational framework. Thus, to overcome the situations of discrimination and injustice that, unfortunately, many children, youth and adults suffer for different reasons: personal, social, cultural, or economic, among many others.
The thematic axes of this line of work are:
- Equity and inclusive education: evaluation and improvement of educational cultures, policies and practices.
- Initial and permanent teacher training on educational inclusion.
- Universal Learning Design and its applicability in educational processes.
- Inclusion / Exclusion processes in Higher Education institutions.
- Falla, D., Sánchez, S., & Casas, J. A. (2021). What Do We Know about Bullying in Schoolchildren with Disabilities? A Systematic Review of Recent Sustainability, 13(1), 416.
- Márquez, C., & Melero-Aguilar, N. (2021). What are their thoughts about inclusion? Beliefs of faculty members about inclusive education. Higher Education. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10734-021-00706-7
- Márquez, C., Sandoval, M., Sánchez, S., Simón, C., Moriña, A., Morgado, B., Moreno Medina, I, García, J. A., Díaz, V., & Elizalde, B. (2021). Evaluación de la Inclusión en Educación Superior Mediante Indicadores. Revista Iberoamericana sobre Calidad, Eficacia y Cambio en Educación, 19(3), 39–59. https://doi.org/10.15366/reice2021.19.3.003
- Márquez, C., & Melero-Aguilar, N. (2020). Advancing towards inclusion: recommendations from faculty members of Spanish universities. International Journal of Inclusive Education, https://doi.org/10.1080/13603116.2020.1858977
- Sánchez, S., Rodríguez, H., & Sandoval, M. (2019). Descriptive and comparative analysis of School Inclusion through Index for Inclusion. Psychology, Society, & Education, 11(1), 1-13.
- Sandoval, M., Márquez , C., Simón, C., & Sandigo, A. (2020) Student and faculty perspectives of inclusive teaching practices in teacher training degree programs. Revista Brasileira de Educação Especial (26) 4, 551-554. https://doi.org/10.1590/1980-54702020v26e0059.
- Sandoval, M., Muñoz, Y., & Márquez, C. (2021). Supporting schools in their journey to inclusive education: review of guides and tools Support for Learning36(1) https://doi.org 10.1111/1467-9604.12337
- Sandoval, M., Morgado, B., & Doménech, A.(2020). University students with disabilities in Spain: faculty beliefs, practices and support in providing reasonable adjustment. Disability & Society. https://doi.org/10.1080/09687599.2020.1751078.
- Vicente, E., Mumbardó-Adam, C., Guillén, V. M., Coma-Roselló, T., Bravo-Álvarez, M. Á., & Sánchez, S. (2020). Self-determination in people with intellectual disability: The mediating role of opportunities. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 17(17), 6201.