International Documentation Centre on Education for Social Justice
The International Documentation Center on Education for Social Justice aims to provide informational resources and services through various means to meet the needs of research, training, innovation, information and professional development of researchers, teachers, professionals in non-formal education, specialists, decision-makers of public educational policy and society in general on Education and Social Justice. Its scope is international, with special incidence in Spain and Latin America.
It aims to:
- Facilitate the development of good quality research in the field of Education for Social Justice by providing access to organized and updated documentation on the subject.
- Favor actions of innovation and development of education in the field of Education for Social Justice by providing teaching resources and documents for their application in the classroom, school and non-formal education.
- Contribute to the training of teachers and specialists in Education for Social Justice.
- Contribute to placing Education for Social Justice on the public educational policy agendas.
The International Documentation Center on Education for Social Justice is located in the Education Library of the Autonomous University of Madrid, nevertheless it is fundamentally virtual.
It has a selection of various materials for researchers on Education and Social Justice:
- Access to national and international databases
- Selection of digital research journals on Education and Social Justice
- Selection of specialized books on Education and Social Justice
- Bibliographic recommendations Education for Social Justice
- Compilation of organizations and research groups specialized in Education and Social Justice
- List of national and international UNESCO Chairs in Education
- Compilation of conferences and online presentations on Education for Social Justice
It also has a selection of teaching materials classified by themes:
- Service Learning
- Art for Social Justice
- Socioecomonic inequalities
- Sexual diversity
- Intercultural education
- Democratic education
- Feminist education
- Inclusive education
- Education for Social Justice
- Experiences on Education for Social Justice
- Socioecological justice
- Literature for Social Justice
- Organizations fighting for Social Justice