The UNESCO Chair in Education for Social Justice has as one of its objectives to train students, teachers, specialists and professionals in the field of formal and non-formal education, as well as to develop curricular materials on Education for Social Justice.
In that sense, the Chair:
- Collaborates with the Faculty of Teacher Training and Education of the Autonomous University of Madrid in the development of the Master’s Degree in Education for Social Justice, official title of the Autonomous University of Madrid.
- Collaborates with the Faculty of Teacher Training and Education by developing various activities on Education for Social Justice through various training activities in the Master’s Degrees of Infant Education and Primary Education, as well as in different Masters of the same Faculty.
- Is developing a MOOC on Education for Social Justice, in collaboration with the DEMOSPAZ Institute.
- Disseminates the results of the research, presenting communications in various educational events.
- Welcomes international researchers and researchers from different universities and training centers for research stays, as well as students from the Autonomous University of Madrid itself for collaborative training activities.
In addition, it organizes different workshops and courses on Education and Social Justice for teachers and educators in formal and non-formal contexts:
- Memory and Education for Peace: Strands of Living Peace, addressed to the university community of Social Sciences and professionals interested in the subject (January-February 2020).
- Educational leadership for Social Justice, held within the framework of the I International Congress on Education and Technology in Sciences (CISETC), Peru (December 2019).
- Training cycle on Alternative Evaluation for Social Justice, aimed at teachers and management team at CEIP Palomeras Bajas (Madrid) (November 2019 – April 2020).
- Education in and for Social Justice, aimed at teachers of León High School (November 2019).
- Education and leadership for Social Justice for management teams in the municipalities of Recife, Cabo de Santo Domingo and Pernambuco (Brazil) (June 2019).
- The school space as an educational instrument, the course aimed at children and primary school management teams organized by CTIF Madrid Capital (April 2019- May 2019).
- Development of inclusive and quality schools for all, aimed at executives and teachers of public schools of the Municipality of Peñalolén, Santiago de Chile (January 2019).