Innovation and Development
The UNESCO Chair on Education for Social Justice of the Autonomous University of Madrid has among its main objectives to foster innovation and development actions aimed to improving actions in formal and non-formal education for Social Justice. In this sense, the Chair:
- Elaborates teaching materials on Education for Social Justice for Elementary and Primary Education, Secondary Education and Higher Education, as well as for the development of non-formal education.
- It is developing a study for the identification and systematization of good practices on Education from and for Social Justice.
- Participates in the Program for the Promotion of Knowledge Transfer 2019 of the Autonomous University of Madrid, with a project entitled “School segregation map” aimed at different public administrations.
- It is part of and actively collaborates with the Network “Red de Escuelas Hermanadas por la Justicia Social“. At this time the efforts are focused on the development of a Research-Action on Democracy in schools.
- It has joined the “For Another Educational Policy” initiative promoted by the Seville Forum, which consists in the elaboration, discussion, defense and dissemination of the “Document of bases for a new Education Law”. This document is based on dialogue and reflection with social groups, student unions, parents’ associations, trade union organizations, political parties and it opens to citizen participation.
All this, as in other areas, through collaborative actions and networking such as other UNESCO Chairs and Centers, with research groups and schools of different educational levels.